What Are Japanese Gel Nails?
Published February 11, 2021
If you’re a fan of nail colors, then you’ve probably heard about Japanese gel nails. If you haven’t, then you should. After all, estheticians predict that it will be the next salon obsession.
So what are Japanese gel nails?
As its name suggests, Japanese gel nail is the latest professional semi-hard nail technique originating from, well, Japan. At first glance, it may look like your regular gel polish. But according to the experts, they’re longer-lasting and poses no risk of nail damage.
Though it has taken the world of nail art by storm, true Japanese gel nail polish is only produced in small batches for now. But the upside to this is each batch is produced under very strict quality control standards. So you can be assured that your nails get the highest quality treatment every time.
Why Should You Get Japanese Gel Nails?
Aside from coming from the land that perfected gel nail art, there are a lot of other reasons why you should get Japanese gel nails such as:
It’s Made With Natural Ingredients
Japanese gel nails are5-free. Meaning, it doesn’t contain toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and camphor. These substances are known to be toxic and cause unhealthy side effects.
It Provides Strong Adhesion
If you’re looking for a longer-lasting alternative to your regular nail polish, then you should go for Japanese gel nails. They adhere to your nails better than your regular shellac but thin enough that it doesn’t have that “bulky” feeling.
It Comes Off Easily
Though Japanese gel nails provide better adhesion, they are easy to remove. You can just soak it with acetone or use a nail filer. The best thing about it is the texture clearly differs from that of your nails so you can file it down without risking nail damage.
It’s Very Versatile
Since they’re highly-pigmented, Japanese gel nails can also be used for nail arts. The cosmetic grade pigment also allows for single coat coverage and versatility. As they’re harder than regular soft-gel polish, they can also be used to build nail extensions.
What’s The Treatment Like?
Japanese gel nail treatments are pretty much like your regular gel nail treatment. Here’s a step-by-step guide on what you can expect during the treatment.
- The esthetician will start by inspecting your nails and asking you the nail shape and style you want.
- A disinfecting solution is applied. This usually contains beeswax to prevent your nails from drying out.
- Your nails are filed according to your preferred length and shape.
- Then your cuticles are softened with jojoba oil and pushed with a ceramic stick.
- In preparation for buffing, a cream made out of various natural ingredients will then be applied to your nailbed.
- Your nails are then buffed using a calfskin polishing tool to make them shine.
- After buffing, another mineral-infused paste is applied to strengthen your nailbed.
- A clear base coat is then applied followed by two or three coats of color or nail art then topped with another clear coat.
- The gel is then hardened under a UV lamp.
Overall, the process shouldn’t take longer than your regular gel manicure. Of course, it depends on the complexity of your chose design and the skill of your esthetician.
How Long Does It Last?
A regular Japanese gel nail treatment should last for about 2 to 4 weeks. It may also last longer if you avoid any tasks that are guaranteed to chip off your nail polish like doing the dishes or the laundry by hand.
Looking To Lease Salon Space In Palm Beach?
Be your own boss and lease salon space in Palm Beach Florida. Our beautiful salon spaces come with complimentary laundry and cleaning services. Choose your own hours and secure a lease that makes sense for your business. Get started today by contact us.