What Is An Olaplex Perm? Does It Work?
Published May 17th, 2021
We enjoy playing with different hair colors. After all, it is a means of self-expression that results in an artistic and therapeutic transition. While it is fun to experiment with different hair colors, frequent hair coloring can affect the quality of your hair, making it more prone to dryness, dullness, and split ends.
This is why Olaplex was invented; it is a new hair-reconstructive procedure created by top Santa Barbara scientists. It consists of a three-step process for repairing and preventing hair damage. It works at the molecular level to restore the hair’s broken bonds caused by harsh chemical processes such as bleaching and coloring.
The well-known product aims to perm straight hair overnight magically, and it does! It works so well that even superstar, Kylie Jenner, credited it for her ability to go from raven to platinum in an instant. Although Dean Christal, the founder of the Olaplex, stated that it was primarily built for hair perms and not just bleach.
So, if you want a fast solution for those great and miraculous beach waves, Olaplex perm is the way to go!
What Is An Olaplex Perm?
Olaplex is often used in the perming industry. It is mixed with the hair perm pretreatment, added to the perm solution, then applied throughout and on the neutralizer. A perm is a hair styling technique that involves breaking several hair ties.
It was done to guarantee that beautiful beach waves could exercise on densely lightened hair and that the hair would be in better shape. As shown by the effects shown on the hair of a variety of celebrities, Olaplex is a real bond booster.
One of the great aspects of permanent beachy waves is that they come in various shapes, allowing you to personalize the look. Beachy waves are a common celebrity hairstyle for the reason: the effortless look flatters all face sizes, hairstyles, and ages, and they look perfect on almost everybody.
How Does Olaplex Work?
Millions of disulfide bonds exist in our hair, and these bonds are responsible for the appearance, weight, and stability of the hair. The damage occurs as disulfide bonds are broken.
Olaplex is a completely new substance that acts within the hair to stabilize and restore the damaged structure. It searches out any fractured disulfide bonds and reconnects them, making the hair feel fuller, smoother, heavier, and healthier.
Olaplex appears to be able to “reconnect broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the scalp.” The product is known as a “bond booster,” and it helps to protect hair before and after coloring.
Olaplex has helped many people with impaired hair achieve remarkable results.
It is perfect for 3 things:
- Rebuilding damaged hair – No1 Bond Multiplier
- Pursuing healthy and smooth hair – No2 Bond Perfector
- Everlasting hair protection – No3 Hair Perfector
What Are Its Benefits?
Olaplex therapy is advised to prep your hair for perm service if the integrity of your hair has already been affected. To reverse the harm sustained by the perm, you can apply Olaplex to your neutralizer as a restorative post-treatment.
So if you have over-bleached or highlighted hair for years, it will help you regain your hair’s vitality, texture, and dignity. It is a way to permanently repair the chemically damaged disulfide bridges in your hair.
And, as John Frieda Salons’ Creative Color Director, Nicola Clarke, puts it, “Olaplex is the biggest game-changer in hair colour. It maximises the strength of hair by reconnecting disulphide sulphur bonds. These are normally broken down during the colouring process or when hair is subject to regular heat treatments.”
Other benefits include:
- Color-treated hair is maintained in excellent condition, feeling fuller, and glossier.
- It also works on virgin hair. Heat and sun exposure can be reversed with a stand-alone treatment and at-home applications.
- Improves and retains the strength and purity of the hair.
- Aids in the restoration of damage caused by repeated coloring and bleaching.
- For quality security, this product has the initial manufacturer’s seal on the bottle under the lid.
How to Use Olaplex
Olaplex may be used to restore damaged hair or as an add-on to another service to provide final breakage security. In just three stages, you can finally make use of a certified active component that acts on a subatomic level to detect vulnerable links in your hair.
To use Olaplex’s three-step process, first make an appointment with an Olaplex-affiliated salon, then continue with their at-home alternative on your own. The detailed steps to achieving the ideal home hair care are as follows:
- Visit an Olaplex-affiliated salon since you can only find Olaplex in selected salons. Find salon professionals that you like and trust that are permitted to use Olaplex and make an appointment for hair treatments. Since the procedure is already used with your current color, it won’t bring any more time on your visit to the salon.
- After that, you must sit through the Olaplex No. 1 method. If you’re using Olaplex in addition to your coloring process, the stylist will mix the Olaplex No. 1 solution into the hair dye, bleach, or medicine lightener. Once done, you can add the Olaplex mixture to your hair. The solvent can last in your hair for as long as the dye process usually does, so after the time has passed, it will be totally rinsed out.
- As for the final step, you may proceed with the Olaplex No. 2 method. It is more effective if you are washing your hair or if you have really bleached hair. Your artist will apply hair dye that includes Olaplex No.1 then wash it out after the time period specified. After towel drying your hair, Olaplex No. 2 will be added to your whole head.
How Long Does Olaplex Last
On the atmost, the Olaplex procedure will last around 4 weeks. Hair that is severely damaged can receive a variety of therapies in a single day or on a weekly basis. To improve their longevity, keep the hair warm, dry it directly whenever possible, and use Olaplex No.3 on it. Olaplex perms have a two to three-month lifetime if it is properly taken care of.
In conclusion, an Oplex perm can just add to your hair’s natural appeal. True beauty comes from within, and it will always show in how you treat others. Also, keep in mind that one of the most common issues of color treatment is that curl patterns can be compromised, which happens as you shampoo or dye your hair. Additionally, the bonds in the hair are normally altered and dissolved, resulting in inevitable hair breakage.
However, if you use Olaplex on a daily basis, you can keep your hair color for longer spans of time without it breaking or hurting your hair. With this, you can achieve even healthier permed hair.
Looking To Lease Salon Space In Palm Beach?
Be your own boss and lease salon space in Palm Beach Florida. Our beautiful salon spaces come with complimentary laundry and cleaning services. Choose your own hours and secure a lease that makes sense for your business. Get started today by contact us.
About The Author
As a professional writer at many renowned websites Krizzia Paolyn has covered a wide range of topics in many industries. Her knack for uncovering important truths and conducting thorough research on each topic she writes about has helped thousands of people across the world.